An internship is a great way to obtain hands on practical experience in a real life working environment in our busy Pet Boarding facility.
Each internship is voluntary and will run for a period of three months.
Every intern will be required to commit to 3-5 days per week.
The role of an intern:
• To assist staff in the daily running’s of a boarding facility
• To walk & play with dogs (in all weather conditions)
• To assist in our cattery, cleaning etc.
• Assist with the daily cleaning routine of all areas
• Observe & assist dog training classes
• Follow instruction from staff members
• Complete regular modules in Canine Behaviour & Dog Training
• 18 years of age or older
• Maintain professional standards of performance and appearance at all times
• Ability to cope under pressure
• Absorb and apply information quickly
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Available 3-5 days a week
• Be able to take & follow instruction
• 3-month commitment to the program
• Have your own transport
• Be willing to complete the internship unpaid
• Tolerant of loud noises
Benefits to interns:
• You will gain hands on experience in a busy boarding facility
• You will be given the opportunity to progress & grow within the training team
• Invaluable experience working hands on with all dog’s breeds & many cats
• Regular training sessions on all aspects of canine & feline care
• Friendly work environment
• At the end of the internship each intern will receive an accredited certificate
• Diploma in Canine Behaviour & Dog Training Course on completion of modules and MCQ
Terms & Conditions:
€10.00 Application Fee Non-Refundable in all cases. Our methods are positive reinforcement only. Each intern must complete a trial week before acceptance to the internship. The full cost of €250 is then due to partake in the internship this covers the full diploma course, which you can study online at home.